- On July 16, 2015
Startup 5 to 9 Business Prospers at Storage World
1. Tell us about your business
Along with a friend, we have a craft business. We complete most of the products we sell ourselves and sell some online, some at fairs and markets and the rest through social media.
2. What first inspired you to operate your own business?
We never thought of it as a business, it started as being simply something we liked doing as a hobby.
3. What do you enjoy most about the business sector you are involved in?
We love love love the creative aspect and peoples reaction when they first see what we do.
4. How long have you operated your business from Storage World?
5. What type of Space do you operate from at Storage World
Initially a small storage unit however we have since upgraded twice as our business has flourished
6. How has this helped your business?
Its helped my life first and helped keep everything orderly – my home, my 9-5 job and my 5-9 business.
7. How did you manage previously?
I don’t actually think we did manage, everything felt like a strain and we spent more time duplicating effort and spinning plates than focussing on the tasks at hand.
8. What are the best features of Storage World for you?
Its location is great, the ability to alternate between rooms and the costs have proven negligible in that our business couldn’t ever have prospered if we hadn’t made the move. Also being able to have goods sent and received by Storage World has taken so much pressure from us trapesing too and from the Sorting Office – I don’t miss that!
9. Is there anything about Storage World that you would like to change?
Nothing considerable, if my kids could be taught there it would save some travel time in the rush hour!
10. What are your plans for your businesses future?
We take every week as it comes. Keeping a balance between my family, my job and my business is important. I don’t want to quit my job, so perhaps employing someone in our business. They can at least go to work at Storage World, I couldn’t imagine employing someone to work from my house as the business did once before.
11. What piece of business advice would you give to anyone reading?
Try and keep everything orderly, spinning plates and being busy might feel productive, but trust me it isn’t. Maybe also stay realistic and keep everything in proportion.