Looking to Buy Storage Boxes and Packaging Supplies in Manchester?
Trying to find the right box for your needs can send you on a scavenger hunt around town. Fortunately, Storage World has an affordable box shop at each of their three locations in Manchester, Middleton and Manchester Airport Hale & Wilmslow. Our friendly staff can also advise on which boxes are appropriate to safely store your belongings.
- Moving boxes
- Cardboard boxes
- Large boxes
- Archive boxes
- Wardrobe boxes
- Bubble wrap
- Furniture covers
If you’re not sure what packaging supplies you’ll need, simply make a stop at your nearest Storage World facility and our friendly team will help you find all the materials you need for a stress-free move. You can also browse our impressive range online.
Storage World Boxshop: Key Benefits
Whether stopping by to drop off stock or moving your belongings into your new storage unit, our in-store box shop is a simple and cost-effective way to store your valuables.
Here are a few ways our box shop can save you time, money and energy.
- Three locations to choose from across the Greater Manchester region
- All boxes and moving supplies can be bought in one place for convenience
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff on hand to give advice
- Storage World boxes are built to last – you can be sure of their durability
- All of our boxes are brand new so no need to worry about dust or dirt
- Storage World boxes can be reused and easily unfolded and flattened after use
- Our boxes are uniform in size and can be stacked, making it much easier to utilise space in smaller storage units
- No need to worry if you run out of packaging materials – simply purchase more on-site
The Best Packaging Materials To Protect Your Items
To properly store your belongings, you need to choose the correct packaging materials. With multiple types of moving boxes to choose from and a choice of bubble wrap, packing paper as well as covers, it can be difficult to decide what the best option is for your items.
To help you make the right choice, we’ve broken down a few top packaging materials and what they’re best used for.
The best way to move and store all your coats, dresses, suits, shirts, and trousers without a single crease.
These are perfect for storing documents, files, books, magazines, DVDs or CDs.
Mirror packing boxes
Keep your pictures or mirrors safe and sound in our specific boxes.
A range of covers designed to protect mattresses, sofas, armchairs and large items from dirt and dust.
Fill the gaps and package your boxes safely.
Protect the delicate items you are storing with a layer of bubble wrap.
To make sure each of your boxes is securely closed or sealed.
How To Choose The Right Boxes For Self Storage
You may not realise it, but there are several different kinds of boxes to choose from. Whether storing confidential documents or your entire wardrobe, there is a specific box designed to give these items the best possible protection. Choosing the wrong one could wreak havoc on your prized possessions so it’s important to choose wisely.
At Storage World’s convenient box shop, we stock a wide range of boxes for all of your needs. Let’s break them down.
Archive boxes are perfect for storing paperwork, files, books, magazines, CDs and other items that need to be preserved. They are made from sturdy cardboard and have a lid that can be lifted on and off for easy access. Many businesses use these to keep their offices organised and important documents safe.
Large boxes ensure that bulkier items are kept safe and damage-free. Large, sturdy cardboard boxes can store a range of items, from smaller pieces of furniture to electronics. It’s important to use boxes made from a strong material to ensure your belongings don’t fall through the bottom of the box during transportation.
Wardrobe boxes ensure that all of your clothing items, whether it be suits, shirts or dresses, emerge from storage looking just as good as you left them. Wardrobe boxes, also made from strong, multi-layered cardboard, tend to be tall and feature a hanging rail so you can actually hang your clothes up whilst storing them. This helps to keep them free of creases and wrinkles, whilst the narrow size utilises space efficiently inside your storage unit.
The problem with standard supermarket boxes is that they tend to be single-walled, and therefore are likely to crumble. Storage World boxes are triple-walled, meaning you can stack them up high without damaging your items which is a real space saver. The less floor space you need, the more money you save.
When you decide that storage is the right option for your belongings, the next step is moving your treasured items from A to B safely and securely. Other packaging materials you may need are bubble wrap, packing tape and padlocks to keep your unit secure.
Packaging Tips and Tricks to Ensure Your Goods Remain Protected
Once you’ve decided which box you’ll need, the next step is to pack your belongings in the most efficient way possible. Whether you’re moving your entire office or placing a few seasonal items in storage, these handy packaging tips will ensure your goods are in tip-top condition.
- It’s best to use smaller boxes for heavier items such as books and large boxes for lighter items such as clothing and bedding to balance the load and reduce muscle strain.
- When it comes to tape, always buy a little extra. You’ll need to tape the top and bottom of the box for safety which can be used up quickly so buy an extra roll to save a trip to the store.
- Try not to use newspapers to wrap items as the ink can transfer and spoil them. Instead, consider foam, bubble wrap or plain wrapping paper as they are more durable.
- Shrinkwrap is great for wrapping furniture as it protects it and also keeps the doors and drawers shut – make sure to remove the shrink wrap fully once finished with it.