What Are The Benefits Of Long-Term Storage?
Using long-term storage solutions offers a wide range of benefits for many people in various scenarios.
Having a safe, reliable and affordable place to store your belongings for the long-term is not only helpful but essential when major life changes occur.
Here Are A Few Ways Long-Term Self Storage Can Help You:
- Never throw out sentimental or seasonal items again. Simply store them away in one of our secure units until you need them.
- Take the stress out of moving or renovating by safely storing your furniture and other possessions in a secure facility nearby.
- Whether you’re downsizing or decluttering, long-term storage can free up space at home while ensuring your belongings have round-the-clock protection.
- Long-term self storage gives you the freedom to travel for months or even years with complete peace of mind.
- No need to inconvenience your friends and family by storing large pieces of furniture and boxes at their house.
- A storage or warehouse unit is a great long-term solution for e-commerce businesses who need to store large amounts of stock or goods.
- Make business storage simple and stress-free by storing office furniture, confidential documents or other valuable assets in a secure self storage unit nearby.
Tips For Long-Term Storage
Storing your items over a long period can be costly and risky depending on the items you need to store and for how long. With these simple and effective storage tips, you can get the most out of your storage unit and guarantee your goods will be in the same condition as you left them:
1. Select the right size
At Storage World, we have a range of unit sizes available to suit a variety of needs. If you’re not sure what size is right for you, our dedicated team of expert storage professionals can help you find the best size unit for your budget. To get a better idea of our unit sizes, check out our online size guide.
2. Organise and group items
Remember to sort through your things before packing up. You may find that you no longer need or use certain items anymore. By donating or recycling these, you can reduce the size of your unit and cut your long-term storage costs.
3. Pack and organise properly
Make sure you pack your items properly and protect any fragile items with quality boxes and bags. To make self storage even more convenient and hassle-free, we offer quality and affordable packing materials at our on-site box shop.
4. Store vertically to maximise space
Store vertically, the better use you make of the vertical space the less floor space you require. This is the most economical way to use a storage unit.
For more tips and advice on long-term storage, feel free to get in touch and a member of our highly experienced team will be more than happy to help.
Why Use Storage World For Long-Term Storage?
At Storage World, the safety of your belongings is our number one priority. All three of our facilities are equipped with 24-hour security, so you can rest assured that your valuables are in the best possible care. We take security very seriously, using state-of-the-art equipment (such as CCTV cameras), meticulously planned security procedures and rigorous safety precautions across every single one of our units.
Optimal conditions for storage
With Storage World, you’ll never have to worry about your items being damaged. All of our storage units are internally housed and purposely built to safekeep a variety of items including furniture, clothing, memorabilia and much more. Our storage units are modern, temperature-controlled and clean, ensuring that your items will be in the exact same condition as you left them.
Complete freedom and flexibility
Just because you’re storing your items for the long-term, doesn’t mean you have to commit to binding contracts. With Storage World’s flexible lease agreements and diversity of storage options, you can use our storage facilities for as little or as long as you like and simply give a two-week notice period if your circumstances suddenly change. You can also upsize or downsize your unit without any penalties.
Storage World’s long-term storage units offer customers the following key benefits:
- Three different facilities across Greater Manchester for maximum convenience
- Over 800 storage rooms between 10 and 250 square feet in size
- 300 bulk storage units ranging from 250 sq ft to 1500 sq ft
- Commitment-free, open-ended contracts
- Packing materials and storage racks available at our box shop
- Freedom to upsize or downsize your unit penalty-free
- Emergency storage and same-day move-in available
- External drive-up units for easy access
- Access to power outlets within units
- Kitchen facilities
- On-site parking
- Convenient accessibility to your unit, 365 days a year
- State-of-the-art security