Document Storage Solutions At Storage World
Storage World is a reliable and secure document storage solution in Greater Manchester. Our ultra-modern and secure facility features a variety of unit sizes and advanced security measures, making us a top option for businesses who need secure off-site storage for their confidential documents. From short-term file storage to long-term document storage, our flexible solutions make storing valuable documents cost-effective and easy.
Our document storage offers businesses several excellent benefits, including:
- Fast and efficient storage with same-day move-in available
- Clean, modern, bright and dry storage in Manchester
- Unlimited and easy access whenever you need it
- An impressive variety of commercial units, ranging from 1 m3 to 2 000 sq ft
- The freedom to upsize or downsize your space as needed
- Flexible agreements from a minimum of 2-weeks
- No retrieval or access fees
- The constant reassurance of 24/7 CCTV security
- Computer-controlled access for added security
- Through partnerships, we can also offer a scan or shed service
With 7 different unit sizes to choose from, businesses can easily store all their confidential documents and files and even upgrade or downgrade their unit should their needs change. The smallest number of boxes we can store is 1, however, most customers start with at least 20. The highest number of archive boxes we hold for one client is a little over 3 500.
Top Tips for Storing & Archiving Your Documents
While Storage World’s facilities are clean, dry and equipped with top-notch security, it’s still important to take extra care when storing and archiving your documents. We’ve listed a few top tips to ensure you never have to hassle again with your documents.
- Always use robust document boxes designed for archiving, especially when storing paper documents that are flimsy
- Create and use a storage system that is easily understandable to anyone who may be asked to later retrieve some material
- Create a log of the contents on top of the box and organise them into relevant categories
- Store all important documents near the front of the unit and leave a space to allow easy access
- Have a document retention policy
- Fill boxes fully, that way they stack better and make the best use of the vertical space
- Invest in racks to further maximise the cubic capacity of the room
At Storage World, we have a variety of quality packaging supplies and storage racks that are purposely designed to give your documents the best protection while in storage. View our affordable box shop online or pop into our store and pick up all your supplies.
How Long Should Business Documents and Paperwork Be Kept?
Although it’s important to hold onto essential documentation, few people know exactly how long they should keep their business documents before shredding. If not kept up-to-date, your storage unit will become cluttered, making it impossible to find essential items.
It’s advised that these business documents should be stored for the following number of years:
- Accounts Payable Ledgers – 7 Years
- Bank Statements – 7 Years
- Safety Records – 6 Years
- Accounts Receivable Ledgers – 7 Years
- Contracts & Leases – Permanently
- Training Manuals – Permanently
- Training Manuals – Permanently
- Employment Applications
- Purchase Orders – 5 Years
- Deeds & Mortgages – 5 Years