Owning a high street retail store comes with a lot of collateral, from the fittings, fixtures and furniture with the premises to the mass amounts of stock and inventory. Depending on the size of the retail unit that you occupy, and whether you have access to a storage warehouse, you may often struggle for space to efficiently and safely store everything. This has become a particular problem of late with the impact of COVID-19 generating surplus stock for those who have had to close their doors for the duration of the lockdown.
But, reopening is on the horizon, with non-essential retailers granted permission to open their stores again from the 15th June. We imagine there’s a lot of planning and preparation going into this, along with the management of an even larger amount of stock than usual as you attempt to sell your stagnant items as well as buy-in the latest stock for your store.
The pandemic aside, a solution for high street retailers to store inventory has always been necessary and it can often come at a great cost. We’re here to put an end to this, with a robust, cost-effective storage solution for high street retailers.
Opting to keep surplus and future stock in a self storage unit means you won’t need to fork out for a bigger commercial premises, nor for a dedicated warehouse space. You won’t need to upsize, or relocate and can instead take on an affordable and flexible solution that provides all the benefits of a typical warehouse, and more!
Who can use self storage for high street retail stock?
In short, almost every high street retail business, small or large is able to utilise self storage for stock. The only restrictions come with the items that a business sells. If your business stocks any items that are prohibited in self storage, such as perishable foods or materials, gas canisters or flammable liquids, dangerous chemicals, fireworks, livestock and plants, then you will not be able to store these at Storage World. Any cash must also be kept off site.
At Storage World, we currently have many high street stores utilising our storage solutions across all three of our sites in Greater Manchester.
Online businesses that are suited to, and currently using Storage World for stock storage include, but are not limited to:
- Clothing & Footwear
- Toiletries & Beauty
- Car / Bike parts
- Personalised items
- Electrical goods
Of course, there are many more industries successfully using our storage solutions, but if you’re unsure as to whether your own business would be suitable, then please feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to advise.
How does self storage for high street retailers work?
Because all three of our storage facilities are in such convenient locations, we are the ideal hub for high street retailers operating within Manchester, its surrounding areas and Manchester Airport.
Using a storage unit for your stock inventory really is simple, and requires few processes to ensure things run smoothly. A small amount of organisation is required to efficiently make the most of the space within your unit, and we advise having shelves installed, that you can categorise to make picking, packing and replenishing easier. You can read our ‘How to effectively organise a self-storage unit’ blog post for more top-tips on keeping your unit in optimum order.
Stock storage at a self storage provider is the most low risk solution, with very little commitment involved, yet all of the reliability and efficiency. With Storage World, you aren’t tied into storing with us. You can move flexibly, and upsize or downsize your unit at (almost) a moment’s notice as your needs change.
Should there come a time when you outgrow your current unit, you can move to a bigger unit on the same day, provided there is a unit of the desired size available. This means your business can continue to operate without disruption to service, helping you to satisfy your own customer needs. There are no fees involved with upsizing or downsizing either, you’re free to move as often as you require.
To get more details on your specific high street business, simply enquire with us, tell us about your needs and we will point you in the direction of the best value solution for you. Once an agreement has been made on which size storage unit you need, we can then begin to coordinate your move-in date, which if necessary can even be on the very same day you enquire, if not very soon after.
Why choose Storage World for your high street retail storage?
- To help lessen the strain on your business in what has been a very trying time, we are still here to help you and are committed to doing so safely. You can read here every process we have in place to ensure your safety when visiting us
- We have a team of storage specialists on-hand to help you, so that you have all you need to get set up. It is as simple as bringing your stock to one of our three sites, whichever one is most convenient for you, or more than one if this would suit best, and setting it up in the way that works for your business
- We have easily accessible units, with ample parking and drive-up units available, making moving stock in and out of your unit as required an absolute breeze
- We have three storage sites across Greater Manchester, to ensure you have a base that is suited to both your business and personal needs
- WiFi and 4G is available so you can focus on staying organised and delivering second to none customer service, as well as your products or services
- Each unit that you rent with us can be used to suit any business needs you require, whether this is just for storage or if you’re looking for an office premises to handle the administrative side of your retail business
- Our storage unit sizes range from 25 to 1000 sq ft in size, at all three of our sites and some benefit from higher ceiling heights, drive-in capacity and enhanced accessibility
- We have many extra in-store services, including mail boxes, paper and packaging materials and free parking
- Whether you need one unit or several units to manage the growing capacity of your business, we are always ready to help you find the most cost effective solution for you as your company evolves.
Get in touch
If you’re looking for a robust, reliable place to store your stock and keep it safe at all times, then get in touch with us today and we can help you find the right solution for your high street stock storage.