- On March 30, 2015
Working from home seems wonderful initially, you can rattle off the top five points.
1. No Commute, environmentally friendly and no costly parking or coffee shop pit stops
2. You control your hours
3. Family commitments can be easily slotted in around your working day
4. No drama about waiting in for home deliveries
5. Quieter atmosphere, less distractions so you can be more productive
However, what actually happens, and trust me it does, is the following
1. You’re on your own all the time, no office banter, no fun distractions and you feel isolated from the world.
2. Where ever you are in your own home, work seems to follow you around, it’s harder to step out of work mode and into down time. That quick five minutes at the weekend to check your email turns into two hours tweaking a report or solving a problem
3. You feel alienated from company and industry developments, if you’re working for a larger firm you’re suddenly felt like you’re out of the loop.
4. If you’re not a daily face in your company, then you can be easily overlooked, if there’s a promotion in the offing you may not hear about it until the job has been listed and by that time a candidate may have already been short-listed for it.
5. You feel that you have to work longer hours to prove you are working and not just sitting on the sofa dunking hob nobs watching day time TV.
Anyone that has set up their own businesses has normally started their home office from the dining table or a desk in a box room at home. When a business is new this is normally the most organic way of growing it is keeping your cost down low, however sooner rather than later it’s going to be advisable to move it out of the home. Having a business address gives your company more gravitas, having somewhere clients can turn up at that isn’t a domestic home gives a better professional image.
Offices don’t need to be large spaces with a secretarial pool. More often than not call answering can be done remotely by message services, you can run an entire business from a laptop and even have landline numbers answered via a SKYPE APP.
Here at Storage World we take the headache of having a home office we offer a fixed fee which includes
– Business Rates
– Car Parking
– Free WiFi
– Company Mailbox
We have availability at our Ashton Old Road Storage World Business Centre, which is 5 minutes walk from Piccadilly Station from £45+vat per week. This is on a flexible contract aligned to your needs. We know a new business venture needs to keep a handle on costs, and that’s why we’re here to help.
Come on down for a visit to check out our starter offices on 0161 274 4777